The Impact X has a high quality, high capacity battery and shall only be charged using the charger supplied with the unit. Charging the Impact X from 0% to 80% battery capacity takes approximately 5 hours. Charging the remaining 20% takes 1-2 hours.
The USB cable needs to be inserted as explained in this image below. Inserting it the wrong way could damage the device.