Before using VLC, you should check the configuration in the Orbit X app. Check the Orbit X server, and make sure the "Always on RTSP server" is checked. You may also want to note the IP address of the Orbit X, as this is needed for opening a stream in VLC.
- To start a stream from the Orbit X to VLC, you first need to make sure it is not connected to the Orbit X app. This is because the device can only stream to one device, and if it is trying to stream to the app, it will reject requests from VLC.
- To start a stream in VLC, connect to the Orbit X IP address, and open a network stream with the parameters:
rtsp://<orbit x IP>:1554
- You can add several parameters for adjusting the video stream. To change bitrate, add bitrate=<bitrate in kbps> in this way:
rtsp://<orbit x IP>:1554?bitrate=<bitrate in kbps>
If you skip the bitrate parameter, then the default bitrate is 2000 kbps. If you are in doubt about the network quality, then we suggest lowering it.
- You can also change the resolution by adding the parameter: resolution=<width>x<height>. We support the following resolutions:
As an example, to stream CIF at 512 kbps from an Orbit X with IP 192.168.43.3, open:
Other configuration options are:
- To mute the audio, use
- Default video framerate is 30fps. This can be changed to 15, by setting:
- The encoder by default sends an H.264 i-frame every 60 seconds. This can be changed by setting
iframerate=<seconds between each i-frame>
- Default RTP packetization mode is single NAL unit packets. This can be changed to fragmentation units, by setting:
Setting rtpmode to 0 instead, will make sure single NAL are used instead.
- Removing the audio track altogether, as opposed to just muting the sound: